One of the most important elements of a successful business is a website, and with that, a landing page. A well-designed landing page promotes awareness of your business and can help you gain clients, cultivate current client relationships and recruit new clients.
Now, within a website there should be a landing page or two which is the most significant page of your business website. The landing page is the first page of your website that viewers see.
If viewers don’t see what they need or want on the webpage, they probably won’t purchase a product or service from your company. Or worse, they will spread the word among friends and co-workers about the terrible website they visited. To prevent this, keep the following ideas in mind when developing new web pages for your company’s website.
- Call To Action (CTA)- should contain one clear call to action (the CTA clearly tells visitors to the site what you want them to do. If you’re running a business you probably want visitors to buy your product or service.
- Simplify Content- your pages should have no more than three paragraphs of text.
- Use Visual Cues- readers won’t be overwhelmed by too much text if there are visual cues such as a conversion forms, text boxes, bold or colored text or subheadings to separate text.
- Know Your-Audience- tailor your specific pages to each visitor’s specific needs. This may require you to create several versions of the same page.
- Keep It Loose- content on the page should be short and concise.
- Strong Copy- the landing page is the first page any visitor to your site will see. These visitors are potential customers or clients. So be sure the copy is very strong.
Your landing page will lead to the success of your business if you follow the above guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this type of web page, please do not hesitate to contact us at 847-220-9541.