RTW Factory Wheels, the largest independent wheel and tire repair and recycling company in the state of Texas, aspired to have a fast, error-free, and reliable web site that customers can browse and order from.
Founded in 1989 in Houston, Texas, RTW Wheels began as a small company offering wheel repair services and nationwide tire and wheel sales direct to consumers. Within just a few years, management at RTW Wheels decided to build a new state-of-the-art facility based off yearly growth to better cater to their customers. This would also allow for easier handling of their supply and distribution of alloy factory wheels and tires from all brands for any vehicle.
On February 15th 2007, RTW Wheels launched their online store allowing end-users to order OEM wheels, order tires, and request wheel repair. Within a few years management decided to add several resource articles regarding OEM wheels including selecting the proper size, requesting repair, or requesting trade-in value.
The articles and added content were such a success that management then decided to add several more features dedicated to provide more adequate assistance for web visitors.
With management adding several new features to the back end of RTWWheels.com to better provide useful information, the front-end (what the user interacts with) suffered greatly in terms of performance.
Some of the issues included:
• Plugins: There were some plugins that were causing major delays in page load time.
• Page size: Several pages caused an issue with loading time. This includes lack of HTTP compression, combinable CSS images, and missing cache information.
• Images optimization: Several images posted on the website were severely oversized or were repeatedly requested by the browser slowing the process.
• Broken links: Upon scanning the RTWWheels.com website, six unique elements were found to be reporting 404 errors which means the linking URL did not exist.
• Caching issues: Caching (data stored for quicker retrieval of future requests) on RTWWheels.com was not properly setup and implemented.
• CDN issues: A CDN (Content Delivery Network) uses multiple servers in many geographic locations to improve deliveries of static and streaming content. This too was not properly setup and implemented.
Unfortunately, RTWWheels.com did not have a specialist on staff to complete the necessary website changes to quicken the speed and functionalities of web pages.
With limited or no resources and a website that no longer functioned in such a way to benefit customers around the country, RTWWheels.com turned to the internet to find a reputable internet company who specializes in web speed optimization and a proven track record for fixing and optimizing website speed.
During RTW Wheels’ search, upper management located via an online search an internet marketing company in the Chicago suburbs, eBizUniverse. Management carefully read the reviews posted on Yelp!, Yahoo!, and Angie’s List by customers to confirm the services offered is what they needed.
An initial phone call to the staff at eBizUniverse yielded very promising ideas that could turn around the virtual world of RTW Wheels.
Today, more than 80% of RTWWheels.com content pages now test at a loading rate of 1.45 seconds or less which is outstanding. Average page sizes are now 1.1MB; before the fixes average page sizes were 1.5MB cutting down on browser requests.
RTWWheels.com continues to thrive in the Houston, Texas market and beyond.
Pingdom Speed Test After Speed Optimization Work